If you are ever questioning the power of your promotional products as marketing tools—don’t. Recently, ASI did an Ad Specialties Impressions Study proving through statistical evidence that promotional products provide a strong ROI and are worth spending money on for marketing purposes. Find out what the stats say about promotional products.
- When asked to rate the top three promotional products respondents received over 12 months, stats showed that the most popular items are: pens (56%), t-shirts (48%), and bags (34%).
- On average, respondents keep promotional items for 7 months, except for calendars which they are found to keep for a full year as they have references such as names and phone numbers.
- With the ultimate goal to gain impressions as a marketer and advertiser, respondents stated that bags generate the most impressions because they are used in public places and can be seen by more people.
- Probably the most powerful data point of the study is that 85% of respondents of promotional products can identify the advertiser on the promotional product they own –> the recall is significantly greater than with marketers using traditional media outlets.
- More than 1/3 of respondents’ state they are more likely to do business with an advertiser after receiving an item beforehand.
- A positive for promotional items is that they have an extremely low cost per impression, which fits all types of budgets. Likewise, the value of promotional products can also be enhanced, as many people pass along products to friends and colleagues.
- Lastly, when it comes down to usefulness or attractiveness, respondents would much rather have useful promotional products by a ratio of 5 to 1.
Promotional products prove yet again to be a key component in successful marketing, with better recall of advertisers, more likelihood to keep the product and then later, buy from the advertiser. The next step is to find products that fit your budget and are great and innovative products to send to both new and current clients alike.
Source: ASI Central
For more information and pricing call us at 800.270.1277